Living in southern Oregon does come with its advantages. Excessive heat may or might not be one of them, depending on how you look at it. An air conditioner unit definitely helps. What happens when yours breaks down? Can you afford a hefty repair bill? That is why you need to stay on top of things. You need to be sure that your unit is working 100%.
We have a small list of things to watch for, so your unit does not break down in the middle of an excessive heat wave.
1) The filter is one of the more common air conditioner problems customers have. You need to make sure the filter stays clean and dry the whole time. It beats the alternative. A dirty unit is going to cause the air to freeze. That is something you do not want to have happened. There should be light passing through it. Those who do not see any light need to clean the filter out.
2) Your thermostat needs to be working properly. Is it turned on? Is it level? The setting also needs to be calibrated correctly. Do you hear a loud noise coming from your unit? If you do have a loud noise it would be wise to call us and have us take a look and asses the situation.
3) Keep an eye on your fuse box and breaker unit. That unit protects the unit from overheating. When the motor dies something is wrong. There is something going on with the breaker. One minor hiccup in the breaker and everything goes.
4) Refrigerant leaks also cause air conditioner problems. Do you see coolant leaking from the unit? That is a problem. You should not see coolant leaking. The temperature is going to ebb and flow. The cost of the repair determines where the leak is coming from and how big it is. That is why you need to call us right away. We do not want to see a minor issue becoming something big.
5) Have you checked your capacitors lately? The unit is not going to work properly when the capacitors have burned out. They power the motor and the fans. They both die once the capacitors go. You should check your condenser and evaporator coils too. They both need to be cleaned by maintenance after three years.
Are you facing one of the 5 issues listed above? Give us a call today. We will take care of your air conditioner problems. You can also check us out on our site at https://visionairheatingandcooling.com/. Your air conditioning problems cannot wait for another second, especially in this summer heat. Contact us now.